- Lifestyle & beauty blogger with an unhealthy obsession for christmas & tea -

Monday 14 November 2016

Flies for company..

I dread to imagine how many times I've started a sentence and then deleted all, thinking who would actually spare their time to read my blog. Little me, who's moved from home, again, to start a new chapter in the hope I'd eventually find what I'm longing for. A distraction.

Being 23 I felt it was time to spread my wings a bit and go out into the big wide world. I know people who have emigrated to Australia and various other delightful countries and I've moved an hour and a half away (if National Rail plays ball which is never) to a nice area of Birmingham leaving behind the fields and calm that was Shropshire..yet I still feel a million miles away from those familiar faces I've grown up with. Then again, I'm lucky enough to have my boyfriend live 20 minutes down the road from me now.. swings and roundabouts. 

I sat in my 'new' living room (I'm a live in nanny) and listened to two flies buzzing above my head. One paused, landing painfully close to my steaming cup of tea and I'm sure if it could speak to me it'd say "pull yourself together" before buzzing away escaping severe burns to it's behind. It's always been known that I'm a complete home bird and I am missing those comforts dreadfully - although the lovely family of four I've joined are so welcoming and so so friendly - I've been lucky.
At that moment it suddenly dawned on me that I bought into this loneliness. It was I who decided to quit my old job and go back to a vocation I had previously done.. Nannying/Au pairing/child minding yada yada! I knew what to expect and thought being that little bit older I'd feel better about change. That's when it dawned on me that I needed something to take my mind off everything else and focus on the now.

I've watched vlogs and read blogs for years. There is something so fascinating to me about divulging into the lives of others, seeing what their 'normal' is. I sat in front of a camera once, tried talking to my non-existent audience and repeated 'no that sounds stupid start again' a dozen times during the half hour chitchat before realizing I hadn't even turned the thing on to watch myself back - I'm a sucker for the saying 'everything happens for a reason" so slipped the camera back into its case and haven't tried since. That's when I thought about a blog. I have a couple of friends who, like me, nosey at the lives of others through social media and my lovely friend Ni (betternithannever.blogspot.co.uk) suggested a name to start me off. I instantly fell in love with it as my favourite song is 'My girl' by The Temptations so it instantly felt right. I typed a few paragraphs that I never uploaded and left it right there.... Until now. I've just turned 24 (how yummy does my ice-cream flavored birthday cupcake look below?!) and I feel like now is a better time than any.

I'm starting this as my little space to share my thoughts, ideas & hopefully meet likeminded others in the area to swoon over the latest beauty products to hit Selfridges beauty level or chat away about our new homesense finds that we just can't imagine life without (I'm looking at you decorative 6 case cupcake tray!). I plan to post every Sunday and every Thursday and see how I get on. Here's to this chapter *insert champagne emoji right here*..


Jay X

                                         


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig