- Lifestyle & beauty blogger with an unhealthy obsession for christmas & tea -

Wednesday 16 November 2016

Wishing for glam, more of the glow..

I've never been one for a cupboard full of skincare. Rewind two years ago & I'd probably still rely on my trusty wipes to 'take my face off' - I'll admit this is a rare occasion nowadays but an occasion none the less! My first skincare purchase was a beady orange scrub, on offer in Boots or Superdrug that I thought would help my teenage skin look like those starring in the advert for it. No. Didn't happen -  I never realized there was anything more than moisturizer or scrub growing up & would happily use a flannel on my face when in the bath, stick a bit of cream on and leave it at that. It's no wonder I suffer terribly with dry skin now!

I have used cleansers, toners, moisturizers and masques for a good year or so now and the difference (when I keep up with it!) is amazing. My makeup sits better, I feel more confident and I feel less as if I hate to plaster myself in my beloved match perfection twice a day to hide blemishes. It does have a downfall though - the time it takes to complete a routine!

I'd heard of "GLAMGLOW" before, on beauty bloggers pages' with a mountain of praise for what the brand say is designed as "a 10-minute professional 'facial in a jar". At a hefty £39.00 (for 50g, http://www.glamglow.co.uk/ or £29.00 via M&S) it is a little more on the pricey side so you wouldn't believe how lucky I felt to have been browsing a brick-a-brack stall selling a box for £1.00!!. If i'm completely honest I doubt i'd have bought a pot unless it was under some kind of offer so I'm chuffed to have found this little steal. 



My skin has been suffering from the cold - even slathering myself in moisturizer hasn't changed a thing, so it was a better time than any after I found a spare hour between school runs on Tuesday to give it a go. I've taken some snaps to show you my skin before & after one application. The box instructed me to pop a fine layer on my face and that I should "expect a Tingle-tastic Tightening Effect in 10 minutes or less" - I had high hopes although the look of the formula reminded me of a clay mud bath and that i'd come out looking like i'd been chucked in one after. I quickly cleansed my skin to remove makeup and popped the GLAMGLOW masque on. 


 Here goes..


my face before - only mascara worn!


After 5/6 minutes... it dried hard and I literally couldn't smile if I tried! 


I then removed it by using a muslin cloth soaked in warm water in circular motions. I repeated soaking until it had all buffed away & I really did feel like my skin felt softer, even slighter tight and looked brighter.


(the mask on my forehead was gone in an instant!)


ta da! 
(photo taken in same position/lighting as before pic!)

After one use I wasn't expecting a miraculous transformation! I know my skin doesn't look that different in comparison with before and after photos but to have skin that feels a bit more softer really does fill me with confidence in this product... have I spoken too soon? 

I'll continue to use this once a week & will be sure to let you know if my view changes! I also think am probably more suited to their "THIRSTYMUD Hydrating Treatment" as it will no doubt be suited to my dry skin a little better but we'll have to see how this goes before I may invest!

Have you a product that you've tried recently that has made an impact? 

Jay X 






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig