- Lifestyle & beauty blogger with an unhealthy obsession for christmas & tea -

Sunday 20 November 2016

Top 5 Autumn/Winter M.A.C lipsticks

The very first item of makeup I bought was a M.A.C lipstick in "Creme Cup'. I thought I was the bees knees as it was "the thing" to have one if not several when you're 16. I tend to be a creature of habit and have bought a fair few since my first, as I find them super pigmented and seem to last a loooong time depending on what finish I choose. Here are my top 5 Autumn/Winter shades..

Top - Flat out Fabulous, Rebel, Heroine,
Bottom - Velvet teddy, Ruby Woo


And here are some swatches.. 


  From top - bottom:

 1. Flat out Fabulous - This has to be one of my all-time favourite M.A.C lipsticks. It's a retro matte, stays put for hours and is one of those lipsticks that could be worn day or eve, dabbed on slightly then applied fully to really catch the eye. 

2. Velvet teddy - I got bought this a while ago during the hype over it and it's been in my handbag ever since. Such a beautiful nude shade that i think would flatter any skin-tone. Being matte it doesn't budge! (It also makes my lips look fuller which is for winners). 

3. Rebel - This deep plum shade is one that I rarely wear in the summer or spring, but reach for this time of year without a blink - It doesn't bode well on lips that are slightly dry as it sticks solidly to those chapped areas, but with a good lip scrub and some moisturising lip balm it looks beautifully opaque and smooth. 

4. Heroine - My most 'out there' lipstick to date, Heroine isn't for the fainthearted. I never seem to choose super bright lipsticks but was drawn to this on a visit to Camden with my boyfriend - I think the vibrant street art and graffiti got to me slightly but i'm so glad it did  - I find myself wearing this more and more! Another matte (can you see a pattern forming here?) that doesn't budge once applied.

5. Ruby Woo - It so wouldn't be christmas time without a beautiful red! I genuinely feel like i'm rubbing a crayon onto my face when applying this - the formula is retro matte and they mean it. This beauty won't move once applied so it's better to apply with a trusty lip brush. I love this with a winged eye!



Have you any favourite Autumn/Winter faves?

Jay X



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig