- Lifestyle & beauty blogger with an unhealthy obsession for christmas & tea -

Monday 14 November 2016

Christmas..

I'm one of those people that get excited at the very thought of Christmas in the summer months, often found with a big mug of hot chocolate watching Elf or Home Alone on repeat. I also have a tendency to go a bit crackers on festive smelling candles.. cinnamon, clove, fig & pine are a must have to fill my room with scents that remind me of the festive season. Saying that, a fragrance I just can't get enough of at this time of year is Molton Brown's 'Oudh accord and Gold'. Granted, it's heavy & woody, enough to give you a headache to begin with but once settled on skin reminds me beautifully of Christmas.

It totally stems from a lovely childhood - being half-heartedly told off for getting up before 6am, mum & dad checking downstairs that Father Christmas had been not letting us peek, before bringing us cups of tea & opening our stockings on their bed.

We'd have the entire day planned out the same year from year - presents, tidy up, have showers and get out of our pyjamas, lay the table, eat a humongous dinner, collapse for the afternoon watching the Queen's speech & playing games before waiting for family to come over for a festive supper and mulled wine - oh how I wish every day could actually be christmas... (not to mention the massive feast on Boxing day of cold meat, pickles & crackers - Jacobs, of course).

It sounds odd but I think I enjoy the build up to Christmas more than the actual day. I love making cards, tags, buying gifts & wrapping them accompanied by christmas songs & films a'plenty. I could spend my days quite happily hidden away in a little room creating christmas goodies like a little elf (I have inquired about a PT job as an Elf, which unfortunately clashed with my other work commitments... (Still pondering on the idea of quitting adult and becoming a fully fledged elf somehow though...watch this space)).

I do get told often that I get excited for the festive season faaar too early. It holds so many happy family memories that it's probably impossible for me to ever feel the dread of the holidays approaching - especially as so many faces have left us in the last 10 years that I fondly recall spending time with over this time of year. I believe that's why I make such a song and dance of it- trying my hardest to make it special and memorable to those around me.

This year I've joined a couple 'o christmas fairs for the first time ever. I've made cards & tags for a good 4 years but never showcased them in this form. It is SO nerve-wracking watching someone browse past but the experience is so addictive - I can't wait for my next events. Presenting my cards in wicker baskets muddled with fairy lights and mini-christmas trees makes for a proud moment knowing how long each and every piece has taken to create. I love it!

Have you a particular christmas memory that makes your heart happy?

Jay X



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I love Christmastime too :) Great post!

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Liz! It's quite literally my favourite time of the year! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig