- Lifestyle & beauty blogger with an unhealthy obsession for christmas & tea -

Monday 6 February 2017

Original Patty Men | Review |

Hello everyone!

I can only apologize for my lack of posts of late. I had a little bit of "writers block" and have struggled to sit down with my laptop and tap away. I'm back!... & brimming with ideas.  It felt only right to start this year with a post about our favourite place to eat - we spend that much time here we should 'probly buy shares.



You'll find Original Patty Men down Shaw's passage, Digbeth. A hidden gem tucked away from the hustle and bustle of the immediate city centre yet only a short walk from Moor Street Station. I cannot tell you how much we love this place. It started off as a street vendor at another favourite, Digbeth Dining club (amongst other venues) and then became so popular they had to open up a place for it to be permanently. If that doesn't scream "due to popular demand" then I don't know what does.



It's open Thursday 11,30am-11pm to Saturday, and 11.30-8pm Sunday's. We've been past 5pm every time and the tables are always full of groups of pals or couple devouring the tastiest of burgers Birmingham has to offer. It isn't your standard bun, meat & salad. OPM pride themselves on being "Purveyors of Filth" and that sums up the feeling you have eating a burger dripping with delicious sauce & cheese. No forks or knives needed here folks ( although me being me has to dissect it because of my tiny hands - there's no graceful way of picking up one of those badboys!). I usually immediately order their Bacon cheese, but today tried their special which was a beef patty, american cheese, lettuce, tomato, crisy onions, an american style mustard sauce and a brioche bun. Delicious.


In all honesty, my boyfriend Joe would probably eat these burgers for all of his days, but the shining light for me here are their Fries. I am addicted to their ODB variety which entail triple cooked skin on potato fries with o.p.m spice mix, jalapeno slaw, sriracha mayo, crispy fried onions & spring onions to boot - they are more than worth the £3.50 price tag.



They've teemed up with Siren Brewery to offer an array of funky flavoured beers. Although neither of us sway for one, the special boards located on the back wall are defnitely worth a mooch if you're looking for a tipple. I always sway towards the Peach & Strawberry Iced Tea. Joe opted for a Black Cherry flavored Cream soda and it was really refreshing!

The decor here is industrial yet with a soft ambiance with chilled out music playing that completely sets a laid back vibe. It's quite open plan, so you can smell and see your burger being made by one of the chefs depending on where you sit. It seats 33 people, but I can guarentee there will probably be a queue out of the door.




I would happily sit here in the summer months - they've created extra seating outside which i'm sure is to accommodate the hundreds of people that pass through their doors weekly. I certainly don't feel like i'm near the city centre here.




I so hope you try Original Patty Men next time you're in Birmingham! Let me know your thoughts!

Jay X



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig