- Lifestyle & beauty blogger with an unhealthy obsession for christmas & tea -

Monday 5 December 2016

My winter saviours!

Prepare yourselves - this is a long one to make up for my rubbishness in posting recently!

When it begins to get a little cold, I have my go-to products that seem to either cheer me up or make me feel a little less shrivelled from the chilly air. I am definitely a quiet eve kind of gal when the weather and daylight time changes, enjoying nothing more than a good film & a warming cup of tea (Do I ever stop drinking tea?!?) but I probably need to remember more than I do about taking care of my skin & hair, too.


Skin

1. Evolve Organic Beauty - African Orange Aromatic lotion, (for hands and body, with blood orange and cedarwood - deluxe sample size).
I received this in the post a few months ago to review after the brand were looking for product testers. After giving them a bit of background to my skin-type (dry. dry. dry) they sent me out this beauty. My goodness - the scent is so festive combined with the Molton Brown perfume - it's seriously to die for. It sinks into my skin quickly, the scent lingering for a good two or so hours before mellowing down into a soft orange fragrance. I'm seriously in love with this lotion & can't wait to try more products from Evolve. (£18 for 250ml - here!)


2. Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic Spritzer 
Do you ever feel like your face has tightened slightly in the cold air? Mine does - it's as if it's creating itself a barrier from the wind. Especially when wearing makeup in these Winter months my skin needs a little pick-me-up and this is definitely the product to do just that. It sinks in instantly and I genuinely feel brighter (and that my skin looks brighter) after using it. This little spray bottle was part of a set I had and my goodness I have no idea how it's lasted so long. I seriously need to invest in a larger bottle or three.. It comes in a larger bottle for £14.75 - Instant boost your skin here!  - it is classed as a toner but can be used as a spritz to give your skin that extra somethin' somethin'.



3. L'Occitane En Provence Shea Butter Dry skin hand cream 
This is probably my most used/replaced product of this post - Since discovering it a few years ago it's been my most favourite hand cream to date. It is so thick yet sinks in and doesn't leave a greasy residue (who enjoy's that?!). The scent is delightful and i'd highly recommend this product to look after your hands. The smaller size is perfect for popping in your handbag or travel case! £8 for 30ml travel size here - Shea Butter Hand Cream .


Scent

4. Mesmerising Oudh Accord and Gold Eau De Toilette by Molton Brown. 
I gave this fragrance a little mention on my christmas blog post - It genuinely is my favourite scent this time of year and definitely makes me feel even more festive than I already do. Initially it's heavy, woody and spicy but mellows down to something I can only describe as christmas memories. With top notes of cinnamon and nutmeg, combined with honey, tobacco accord, black tea and myrrh, this truly is a lovely addition to any collection. Just lightly spritz (one spray will do!) on your pulse points and wait for the compliments to come rolling in! - Buy me: Mesmerising Oudh Accord & Gold Eau de Toilette

Makeup 

5. NARS Blush in Orgasm
I know this certainly needs no introduction - a firm favourite amongst many a' beauty blogger but until I tried it I genuinely didn't see the big deal over a pinky peach blush with gold shimmer - HOW WRONG WAS I?! It is so beautiful! It leaves my cheeks with a small pop of colour but also highlights and doesn't look too bold. I wear this when i'm sporting a pink lipstick and it really flatters my skin tone (If I do say so myself!). £23 at http://narscosmetics.co.uk/. Swoon!





6. Benefit Goof Proof Eyebrow pencil 

I recieved a Benefit brow set for my birthday and boy am I grateful that I did as I'd never have swayed from my usual routine. I've used MAC's Omega powder for years with an angled brush but it wasn't long wearing without lashings of  clear mascara gel to keep those unruly hairs at bay. This however, does. not. budge. On one end you have a crayon like formula pencil and on the other, a spoolie-brush to blend into your brows which I do actually use (never got the hype over these things until now!). I wear shade '2' (light I believe), which suits my mousey brown/dark blonde hair. It is a staple for my makeup bag and as I'm useless at my brows as it is - this goof really does need a product like this in her life!
On it's own - £18.50 - Goof Proof Brow Pencil. (Look for sets that come with this pencil in - it's worth the extra pennies if you get a couple 'o great products along with it).


7. Soap and Glory Thick & Fast Super Volume Mascara.

If you buy one thing from this entire post - bag yourself this bargain. Honestly thee best mascara I've ever used. I used to LOVE L'oreal's Volume Million lashes Mascara and treated it as my holy grail of all wands - until I tried this. I must admit I was blessed with relatively long lashes (after a layer of Mascara!) but I always tend to go for a thicker bristled wand for volume and much prefer them to plastic hard ones - they just drag on my lashes and don't really do much. I haven't curled my lashes in years so the lift is all down to this product! This mascara is a complete steal at £10.00 and it seems to last a while. I've taken some before and after photos so you can see the difference one application makes.
I've also used the 'Collagen coat' Thick & Fast mascara that's within a glam gold tube, but either I find work equally as good as eachother in all honesty. Find my current fave here > S&G Thick & Fast Super Volume Mascara  ...


The reason for popping these two products in my Winter Saviours is down to the fact I rarely wear foundation + in the colder months on a day-to-day basis - my skin just gets too dry so I tend to pop on a good moisturiser, cc cream or nothing at all and only wear makeup on my brows or lashes. I wear the blusher above when I do wear makeup as it really helps to brighten up the duller days!


Nails

8. Barry M's Gelly Hi Shine Plump Topcoat in clear. 

I am the worst for biting my nails - a horrid habit I've banished many times but one that just won't leave me be. I tend to not wear any kind of nail varnishes as my nails are too short, but when I do i'm always sure to pop on a thin layer of this. I find with the cold air my hands suffer, and my nails more. Through handwashing and them becoming dry, my nails look a little lack-lustre and need something to keep the polish looking sweet...It seems to dry quickly and leaves a shiny glossy finish. A cheaper alternative to my typical Sally Hansen! Buy here!




Hair

9. OGX Hydrate & Defrizz Kukui hydrating Oil.

I'm currently giving Rapunzel a run for her money - my hair is sooo long & unfortunately this brings a whole load of complications - 1/2 hour to dry.. no messy bun (it's too long and looks like a loaf of bread attached to my skull)..It gets greasy at the roots quickly due to being heavy and super dry at the ends as it swishes in the wind. I found this in Boots on a special offer and thought i'd give it a whirl to help my unruly locks past shoulder length (avoid putting it anywhere near your roots!). I'm not a fan of greasy oily sprays but this didn't make my ends look greasy at all - it left me with a lot of shine and less frizz than usual! The more I use it the more I fall in love with it. Definitely consider if like me, you need an ASAP visit to the hairdressers! - £7.35 here 


Home

My love for candles is never ending!  I find nothing more comforting than candles burning whilst fairy lights give that extra glow to a room on a frosty night. I am a huge sucker for anything cinnamon scented at this time of year, but surprised myself in this little jar. Made by the Terrible Twins, a Swedish spa brand, I was hooked from the first sniff. It's jasmine & orange & beautiful too! It reminds me so much of a spa, and that in itself calms me as it burns. At £17.50, it's definitely worth the mid-range price - find it here!



What is your favourite product in Winter?

Jay X 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig